through counseling, housing and education.
The Board of Trustees of NewBridge Services Inc.
Friday, March 22, 2013 The Madison Hotel, Morristown
6:30pm ~ Cocktails
7:30pm ~ Dinner & Dancing
Silent & Live Auctions
HELPING HANDS Balloons
RSVP by Monday March 11, 2013
Black Tie Optional
We thank our sponsors:
In 1963, President John F. Kennedy called on Congress and the nation to create a national program for mental health. Pequannock Valley residents Rev. Donner Atwood of the First Reformed Church of Pompton Plains, municipal judge Herb Irwin, Jane Kelly, Dr.Kurt Manrodt and Jim Ryan, heard that call. They had recognized a growing population struggling to cope with the demands of life and concluded that a place close to home, where both adults and children could get professional help, was needed. Through their efforts a community-based mental health center that would become known as NewBridge Services, Inc. was born.
Today, NewBridge helps more than 10,000 people each year overcome challenges. NewBridge:
- Treats mental illness and substance abuse and helps people cope with stress and grief.
- Creates and manages affordable housing, especially for those with special needs.
- Supports seniors so they can remain as independent as possible.
- Guides young adults who struggled in traditional schools to aca- demic success and fulfilling careers.
- Teaches children resiliency skills to successfully navigate their world.
- Provides trauma support.
NewBridge brings balance to people’s lives through counseling, housing and education.