Billing Clerk (Pequannock, NJ)
Position Title: Billing Clerk (Pequannock, NJ)
Responsible To: Director of Billing Operations
Qualifications: High School Diploma or equivalent. Business school training or two years bookkeeping experience preferred. Must be able to speak and write English proficiently. Good communication skills. Proficient computer skills. Ability to organize own work and time well. Experience with Foothold AWARDS Electronic Health Record strongly preferred. Valid Drivers’ license
- Works closely with staff, including front office, clinical, and medical staff to ensure accurate and timely billing.
- Processes claims and posts payments and adjustments using AWARDS Billing Builder electronic billing system.
- Submits electronic claims to third party payers using TriZetto clearing house system.
- Performs eligibility verifications for third party payers using TriZetto clearing house system and for Medicaid using Electronic Medicaid Eligibility Verification System (eMevs), ensuring proper coordination of benefits.
- Responsible for all duties associated with NJMHAPP and FCAPS.
- Performs follow-up on all outstanding A/R balances including making telephone calls and/or sending letters to clients and insurance carriers, including adequate documentation of results.
- Participates in all Department meetings and trainings as identified by the Director of Billing Operations for ongoing performance improvement initiatives.
- Participates in cross-training activity within the Billing Department to ensure proper coverage of duties during staff absences.
- Participates in the ongoing maintenance of client electronic health records for accurate claims submission.
- Prepares various routine and periodic reports neatly and accurately as requested.
- Works overtime as needed.
- Other duties as assigned, including those by Director of Billing Operations and CFO.
For inquiries, please send an email* referencing the Position Title with resume and cover letter attached to: Janice Bernard at email@example.com
NewBridge Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, nationality, national origin, ethnic background, ancestry, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity or expression, and affectional or sexual orientation), disability or handicap, or veteran status.
*Please note, due to security concerns NewBridge is not currently accepting emails originating from a Yahoo.com address*