Career Placement Coordinator (Parsippany, NJ)
Position Title: Career Placement Coordinator
Responsible To: Program Supervisor
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree and two years relevant experience with at risk adolescents or career development; experience with program data collection and reporting. Valid NJ Driver’s License and driving record approved by NewBridge’s insurance carrier. Excellent organizational and communications skills, highly motivated, self-starter, proficient in PC applications.
- Participate in the enrollment and planning activities for all youth referred to the NewBridge Jobs Plus program.
- Coordinate all aspects of the Summer Youth Employment Program (separate from the JobsPlus program) and supervise those staff in their direct and administrative responsibilities.
- Develop and sustain workforce partnerships and opportunities with a variety of local businesses and employers to obtain job orders that include full and part time employment (meeting or exceeding WIA standards), job shadowing, internships and community service opportunities.
- Conduct needs assessments of associates related to obtaining and retaining employment.
- Implement pre-employment skills training curriculum.
- Provide individual support and guidance to help Associates expand work readiness skills.
- Place Associates into available job openings, provide follow-up services to the employer and Associate to help ensure satisfaction and verify hourly rate, hours worked, benefits and length of time on the job.
- Assist Associates with advanced training searches (technical schools, colleges, apprenticeships) including any required testing and scholarship applications.
- Maintain appropriate documentation on Associates and Summer Youth Employment participants.
- Work with Jobs Plus staff to facilitate SEVCA activities.
- Provide transportation to and from the program as needed.
- Assist Clinical Case Manager by facilitating and co-facilitating individual and group counseling, providing general case management, and crisis intervention.
- Meet regularly with JobsPlus Program Supervisor to review program outcomes and provide input for quarterly and annual reports.
- Provide quarterly reports to the County for the Summer Youth Program.
- Attend Agency-wide meetings.
- Participate in performance improvement activities.
- Contribute to agency-wide concerns through participation on assigned committees, special projects, and planning workgroups.
- Perform other work of the Agency as assigned.
For inquiries, please send an email* referencing the Position Title with resume and cover letter attached to: Katie Guzzo at email@example.com
NewBridge Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, nationality, national origin, ethnic background, ancestry, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity or expression, and affectional or sexual orientation), disability or handicap, or veteran status.
*Please note, due to security concerns NewBridge is not currently accepting emails originating from a Yahoo.com address*