Chief Real Estate Officer (Pequannock, NJ)
Position Title: Chief Real Estate Officer
Responsible To: Chief Executive Officer
The Chief Real Estate Officer (CREO) supports the agency’s mission by overseeing and managing the operations and success of a portfolio of 40+ sites – which includes counseling offices, group homes and affordable housing for individuals and families with special needs. The CREO is a member of the executive team, providing insight and advice for the peers as well as interacting with the board of directors.
The CREO must be knowledgeable of agency activities and operations overall, with a keen eye on the financial well-being, including the financial impact of the real estate department. The CREO exercises considerable independent judgment and initiative in performing the duties of the position and must exercise tact and courtesy in contact with federal/ state/local officials, consultants, housing agencies, colleagues, residents and the general public.
Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, public administration real estate or similar field. Five- ten years of experience working in the management of affordable housing (e.g. HUD 811, HCV, HMFA), including initial and annual certification; ongoing compliance. Computer literacy (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio). Must be willing to travel state-wide. Experience with special needs populations preferred. General management experience in a not-for-profit agency preferred.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop a strategic plan and an operating plan for the real estate portfolio in alignment with the overall strategy for NewBridge Services. Work with Executive team to support and provide feedback in the overall NewBridge Services strategic plan. Leadership role in executive of the strategic plan in support of the agency’s mission.
- As aligned to the strategy, identify new properties for housing development; assess potential real estate opportunities for portfolio growth with a goal of positive cash flow.
- Direct the activities of the Property Management and Maintenance Department through delegation, managerial support, and work supervision:
- Oversee activities of rent collection, vacancy reduction, lease enforcement, unit turn-over and leasing. Revise plans and proactively adjust resources to ensure highest profit with minimal loss and decreased vacancy.
- Ensure properties are maintained in compliance with all regulatory physical asset standards including REAC and Housing Quality Standards.
- Arrange for and provide necessary insurance, safety, and security of all properties in the portfolio.
- Oversee and direct any new construction, re-furnishings, renovations and repairs.
- Provide leadership, direction, evaluation and coaching to department and others in the areas of performance management, problem resolution, planning, specific work assignment and personal/professional growth.
- Preparation of material and attendance at the Board of Directors meetings; attendance and participation in additional committee meeting as required.
- Monitor Property Management and Maintenance Departments/Divisions operations and procedures; develop and approve recommendations for improving operations and processes; assure the satisfaction of customers in quality and responsiveness of services.
- Monthly review and analysis of property operating statements, including analysis of balance sheet, and income statement, comparison to budget and business plan. Prepare and work within annual budget.
- Work with mortgage providers/regulatory entities to ensure contract compliance. Make recommendation for alternative financing and contractual arrangements in favor of financial gains/savings for the agency.
- Work on various special projects involving the debt and equity portfolio investments; collaborate with finance, services and other departments as needed.
- Represent the agency at community meetings, work with partner service agencies throughout New Jersey.
- 20-40% local travel to agency sites and community meetings.
For inquiries, please send an email* referencing the Position Title with resume and cover letter including salary expectations to:
Janice Bernard at email@example.com
NewBridge Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, nationality, national origin, ethnic background, ancestry, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity or expression, and affectional or sexual orientation), disability or handicap, or veteran status.
*Please note, due to security concerns NewBridge is not currently accepting emails originating from a Yahoo.com address*