Co-Occurring Disorders Clinician (Parsippany, NJ)
Position Title: Co-Occurring Disorders Clinician (Parsippany, NJ)
Responsible To: Director of Addictions Services
Education – Master’s Degree in Social Work
License/Certification – LCSW and LCADC required
Experience – At least 2 years of clinical experience including individual, group and family treatment with the co-occurring disorders populations.
Technology – Computer skills and familiarity with electronic health records a plus.
- Serve as a member of the multi-disciplinary treatment team for the purposes of delivering addictions services to adults and/or youth through the use of evidence based treatment strategies.
- Demonstrate competency in these clinical activities: diagnosis and clinical evaluation; evidence based substance use and mental health interventions and treatment modalities for individuals, groups and families; client based treatment and recovery planning and service coordination; use of psychiatric medications and MAT for substance use; impact of culture on treatment; risk assessment, and crisis intervention.
- Conduct intake evaluations to determine eligibility for the outpatient level of care, and begin to formulate an intervention plan with the applicant for service.
- Work with clients to formulate mutually agreed upon and measurable goals and objectives, and make revisions as needed but no less frequently than required by licensing agents.
- Manage all aspects of treatment and case management with assigned clients: arrange for psychiatric evaluations as needed, implement treatment and recovery plans, communicate with other authorized individuals and treatment providers, and provide authorized reports as needed.
- Assess client related crisis situations and respond according to needs and agency protocol.
- Participate and/or facilitate groups.
- Maintain clinical records and documentation according to NewBridge policy and procedures.
- Complete monthly statistic/data collection required.
- Keep supervisor informed of treatment activities and attend supervision as scheduled.
- Provide supervision to MSW students, Counseling Interns as permitted by licensure.
- Attend and participate in team meetings, in-service opportunities and NewBridge Services agency meetings.
- Maintain necessary licenses and/or certifications.
- Perform other duties of a similar nature or level as required by NewBridge Services.
For inquiries, please send an email referencing the Position Title with resume and cover letter attached to: Janice Bernard at email@example.com
NewBridge Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, nationality, national origin, ethnic background, ancestry, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity or expression, and affectional or sexual orientation), disability or handicap, or veteran status.