Co-Occurring Disorders Clinician (Haskell, NJ)
Position Title: Co-Occurring Disorders Clinician (Haskell, NJ – 21 hrs/week)
Responsible To: Director of Addictions Services
Education: Master’s Degree in Social Work, Counseling, or related mental health field
License/Certification: LCSW and LCADC required
Experience: At least 2 years of clinical experience including individual, group and family treatment with the addictions populations.
- Serves as a member of the multi-disciplinary treatment team for the purposes of delivering addictions services to adults and/or youth through the use of evidence based treatment strategies.
- Demonstrates competency in these clinical activities: diagnosis and clinical evaluation; evidence based substance use and mental health interventions and treatment modalities for individuals, groups and families; client based treatment and recovery planning and service coordination; use of psychiatric medications and MAT for substance use; impact of culture on treatment; risk assessment, and crisis intervention.
- Conducts intake evaluations to determine eligibility for the AFS level of care, and begin to formulate an intervention plan with the applicant for service.
- Works with clients to formulate mutually agreed upon and measurable goals and objectives, and makes revisions as needed but no less frequently than required by licensing agents.
- Manages all aspects of treatment and case management with assigned clients: arranges for psychiatric evaluations as needed, implements treatment and recovery plans, communicates with other authorized individuals and treatment providers, and provides authorized reports as needed.
- Assesses client related crisis situations and responds according to needs and agency protocol.
- Maintains clinical records and documentation according to NewBridge policy and procedures.
- Completes monthly statistic/data collection required.
- Keeps supervisor informed of treatment activities and attends supervision as scheduled.
- Provides supervision to MSW students, Counseling Interns as permitted by licensure.
- Attends and participates in team meetings, in-service opportunities and NewBridge Services agency meetings.
- Maintains necessary licenses and/or certifications.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level as required by NewBridge Services.
NewBridge Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, nationality, national origin, ethnic background, ancestry, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity or expression, and affectional or sexual orientation), disability or handicap, or veteran status.
For inquiries, please send an email* referencing the Position Title with resume and cover letter attached to: Janice Bernard at firstname.lastname@example.org