Community Support Services Case Manager (Pequannock, NJ)
Position Title: Community Support Services Case Manager
Responsible To: CSS Team Leader
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in one of the helping professions OR a Bachelor’s level degree in a field other than a helping profession PLUS two years of professional experience in a community based behavioral healthcare setting OR An associate’s degree from an accredited college or university in one of the helping professions plus two years of professional experience in a community behavioral healthcare setting. A certification as a psychiatric rehabilitation practitioner may be substituted for one year experience. OR a licensed practical nurse with a degree from an accredited nursing training program. AND are licensed in the state of New Jersey. AND a valid NJ Driver’s license with a driving record acceptable to agency insurance provider required.
- Regard adults with serious mental illness as persons with dignity and competence and engage them as full partners in service planning, delivery and evaluation.
- Foster consumers’ independent thinking; use a strengths based wellness and recovery model.
- Demonstrate holistic understanding of adults with mental illness.
- Assist consumers with finding meaningful work, leisure and social activities; advocate for social inclusion and community integration.
- Effectively access and employ community resources: identify, develop and maintain good relationships and linkages with a wide range of community resources.
- Help consumers access community resources; facilitate and support natural support networks.
- Assist consumers with daily living activities (e.g., shopping, cooking, banking, cleaning, using public transportation).
- Support consumer’s efforts to manage symptoms, using the Illness Management and Recovery Model.
- Provide transportation as needed to access and maintain linkage to community services (e.g., medical, psychiatric, social services, vocational).
- Implement medication maintenance strategies to facilitate medication compliance.
- Document progress of consumers in progress notes and logs according to requirements of regulatory agencies.
- Conduct activities in a culturally competent manner, ensure clients rights and responsibilities, and adhere to confidentiality rules.
- Provide crisis management services.
- Provide coordination and management of services in consultation with other primary care workers.
- Participate in the development of the Comprehensive Rehabilitation Needs Assessment and Individualized Rehabilitation Plans through information gathering and feedback to the clinical staff.
- Provide consumer advocacy
- Implement fire and life safety standards, e.g., fire drills and fire safety education.
- Participate in all appropriate staff, supervision and training meetings.
- Assume other duties as assigned by CSS Team Leader and/or Assistant Director.
For inquiries, please send an email referencing the Position Title with resume and cover letter attached to: Janice Bernard at firstname.lastname@example.org
NewBridge Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, nationality, national origin, ethnic background, ancestry, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity or expression, and affectional or sexual orientation), disability or handicap, or veteran status.