Cook/Housekeeper (Boonton, NJ)
Position Title: Cook/Housekeeper
Responsible To: Residence Manager
Qualifications: High School Diploma or equivalent. Minimum of one-year experience as a cook, preferred. Good communication skills. Driving record must be accepted by NewBridge Services’ auto insurance underwriter.
- Prepares meals for group home residents.
- Prepares and submits meal plans to clinical team on a monthly basis.
- Secures supplies and food in an efficient manner.
- Maintains inventory of food items and supplies to ensure a sufficient stock of items for a minimum of three days, including specific dietary items as required by clients’ health needs.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary facility consistent with State standards and according to residence manager guidelines.
- Utilizes agency provided communication systems on a daily basis (i.e. email, voicemail, Electronic Health Record messaging).
- Reviews shift reports at the beginning of each shift and completes report indicating resident observations.
- Communicates observations of current or changing client behaviors to other senior members of the residence team. (Clinician, House Manager, RN, Case Managers, Residence Counselors, or appropriate Administrative staff)
- Immediately reports observed potential crises, emergencies to on-duty residential counselor, case manager, clinician, house manager as per agency policy.
- Works with the consumer and residence staff to identify ongoing or newly developing needs of residence clients.
- Under the supervision of the residence manager, collaborates with residence nurse and clinician to identify individualized consumer dietary and activity of daily living skills assistance and modifies meals and care accordingly.
- Assists consumers with daily living activities (e.g., shopping, cooking, cleaning, and personal care) as directed by supervisor.
- Works with the consumer and housing staff to identify skill development and leisure needs of residents in consultation with the Clinician.
- Demonstrates knowledge of individualized needs of residents and their right to self-determination.
- Fosters consumers’ independent thinking.
- Establishes positive, caring and trusting relationships with consumers.
- Regards adults with serious mental illness as persons with dignity and competence.
- Conducts activities in a culturally competent manner, ensures clients rights and responsibilities, adheres to confidentiality rules.
- Adheres to standards set forth by Medicaid and Division of Mental Health and Addictions Services.
- Participates in all appropriate staff, supervision and training meetings.
- Assumes other duties as assigned by the supervisors and/or Assistant Director(s) of Community Residence or Outreach.
For inquiries, please send an email* referencing the Position Title with resume and cover letter attached to: Janice Bernard at email@example.com
NewBridge Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, nationality, national origin, ethnic background, ancestry, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity or expression, and affectional or sexual orientation), disability or handicap, or veteran status.