Director of Customer Accounting and Billing Services
Position Title: Director of Customer Accounting & Billing Services
Responsible To: Chief Financial Officer
Summary: The Director of Customer Accounting & Billing Services is responsible for overseeing all billing, collection, and associated accounting activities. Demonstrates an understanding of, and embraces, the mission statement of NewBridge Services, Inc.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting Preferred with 5 years of experience in medical billing and collections. Must be able to speak and write English fluently. Must be able to respond to and communicate via telephone. Must function independently, have flexibility, personal integrity. Must have patience, tact, and enthusiasm as well as the willingness to handle difficult sponsors. Written, verbal and listening skills are required for communication with clients, and other staff members. Must be able to relate to and work with people including residents, family members, personnel, visitors, etc. Must be able to meet deadlines as assigned. Must be available to fill-in to support other positions temporarily, when necessary.
- Directly supervises all Billing Department personnel.
- Assists in the daily operation of the Billing Department by demonstrating a working knowledge of billing system/EHR & Clearinghouse software (Preferably AWARDS & TRIZETTO)
- Continuously monitors outstanding accounts receivable to insure maximum collectability and timely identification of doubtful accounts.
- Performs monthly detailed analysis of allowances and reserves for all areas.
- Performs, monitors, and supervises those general accounting functions not performed by the Accounting Manager in order to afford maximum segregation of duties.
- Direct assistance and involvement with the CFO in maintaining and developing the overall financial strength and integrity of the organization.
- Supervises and assists billing staff with resolution of billing questions/problems.
- Performs bad debt calculations and monitors all account write-offs.
- Follows-up daily with billers regarding accounts isolated on monthly reserve analysis.
- Acts as a liaison between NewBridge and all payers.
- Monitors NJMHAPP registration, billing, and payment and is responsible for FCAP entry and payment vouchers.
- Performs Medicaid consultation service with clients and families.
- Coordinates and monitors all Medical record requests and claim appeals.
- Prepares various reports such as the Comprehensive Services Report, the Not-Billed Report, Rejection/Denials reports, Cash Reconciliation, and AR Aging Reports.
- Acts as the main contact with collection companies and attorneys for all collection matters. Tracks accounts placed in collection/attorney
- Provides billers with accounts to be closed/resolved
- Ensure accurate interface with the NewBridge General Ledger system (TRAVERSE).
For inquiries, please send an email* referencing the Position Title with resume and cover letter attached to: Janice Bernard at firstname.lastname@example.org
NewBridge Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), marital status, national origin, disability or veteran status.
*Please note, due to security concerns NewBridge is not currently accepting emails originating from a Yahoo.com address*