Gambling Disorder Clinician (Haskell, Parsippany or Sparta, NJ)
Responsible To: Executive Director of Counseling
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Education: Master’s Degree in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology or other related International Gambling Counselor Certification Board (IGCCB) or currently pursuing the certification.
- License and Certification: Licensed Clinical Alcohol and Drug Counselor (and LCSW or LPC a plus), Certified Clinical Supervisor (Certification Board, Inc.) Gambling Counselor Certification Board (IGCCB)
- Experience: At least 3 years direct service
- Advanced competency in clinical activities including evidence based practices, theories of mental health and substance use disorders and intervention strategies, and the use of medications in the treatment of substance use disorders.
- Excellent communication skills, high degree of independent judgment and problem solving, focus on outcomes and results, and team
- Provide comprehensive clinical services including: screening, assessment and diagnosis, addressing gambling specific problems in the treatment plan, psycho-education regarding gambling disorders, treatment of the gambling disorder through individual, group and family therapy and coordinate aftercare.
- Document that each eligible individual was offered gambling specific services on an individual basis as needed to address gambling specific issues.
- Assist and engage the individual with transitioning to another level of care (outpatient gambling use disorder treatment or Gamblers Anonymous) to ensure continuity of care.
- Provide case management services to address consequences of the gambling disorder.
- Provide training and gambling disorder cultural competence awareness throughout the agency.
- Participate in the interdisciplinary team.
- Ensure program compliance with applicable regulatory requirements, work with the Chief Administration Officer to address licensing and regulatory activities on a state and county level.
- Participate in best practices for staffing, training, reporting, project evaluation and data analysis, and fiscal monitoring.
- Work collaboratively with the staff to ensure consistent application of treatment and recovery philosophies, policies and procedures, and licensing requirements.
- Represent NewBridge Services at relevant community, county and state leadership meetings.
For inquiries, please send an email referencing the Position Title with resume and cover letter attached to: Janice Bernard at email@example.com
NewBridge Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, nationality, national origin, ethnic background, ancestry, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity or expression, and affectional or sexual orientation), disability or handicap, or veteran status.