Position Title: In-Home Counselor
To: NewBridge@Home Team Leader
Qualifications: Master’s Degree in mental health field, preferably licensed; At least 1 year of experience providing counseling and psychotherapy to adults, preferably those over 60, including any internship.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development
over the life span and the skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the
age of the clients served. Examples of
skills necessary for the geriatric age group include: Physical limitations, psychosocial needs,
age-related conditions, safety and medication precautions.
- Provides in-home services to individuals 60 and older, or to
individuals under 60 with limiting disabilities.
- Provides in-home evaluation of mental health and emotional
strengths and needs
- Engages clients as full partners in service planning and
evaluation of care.
- Establishes positive, caring and trusting relationships with
- Facilitates all aspects of treatment with assigned clients such as
evaluating mental status and formulating a diagnostic impression, developing
client goals, determining individualized intervention strategies, monitoring
progress with the use of evidence based tools and surveys, collaboration with
community providers, and transitions to other care providers as needed.
- Documents client’s status and progress, completes forms and
maintains records in a timely fashion.
- Compiles statistics related to outcomes for each NewBridge@Home
- Participates in staff and supervision meetings as assigned.
- Conducts activities in a culturally competent manner, ensures
clients rights and responsibilities, adheres to confidentiality rules.
- Assists with the evaluation of referrals where there is a question
- Maintains a high degree of professionalism, represents the
organization in a positive and professional manner in the community.
- Participates in professional development activities, maintains
licensure as needed.
For inquiries, please
send an email* referencing the Position Title with resume and cover letter
attached to: Janice Bernard at
NewBridge Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, nationality, national origin, ethnic background, ancestry, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity or expression, and affectional or sexual orientation), disability or handicap, or veteran status.
*Please note, due to security concerns NewBridge is not currently accepting emails originating from a Yahoo.com address*