Bilingual Clinician(Parsippany, NJ)
Position Title: Child and Family Clinician; Bilingual Spanish Speaking
Responsible To: Supervising Clinician
Qualifications: Masters Degree in Social Work, LSW, LCSW or LPC. Has and maintains appropriate professional license and/or certification; 2 years of direct clinical experience with children, adolescents and families. Specialized trauma training and/or experience related to work with children/adolescents desired. Good communication skills, able to organize own work and time well; able to work days and evenings.
- Serves as member of the multi-disciplinary treatment team for the purpose of assessing client strengths and needs and developing, evaluating and implementing individual treatment plans.
- Conducts thorough initial clinical assessments on child and parent/guardian to obtain psychosocial history, medical background, presenting problem(s), mental status of the child, trauma history, substance use/abuse history, family strengths and involvement with the criminal justice system.
- Provide a written report of the bio-psycho-social assessment for DCP&P within 30 calendar days of the beginning of treatment.
- Works with the family to develop an Individual Treatment Plan, based upon the findings of the assessment and other relevant evaluation, within 30 calendar days of the beginning of treatment.
- Provides direct care with the use of individual, group, family, play therapy, and crisis intervention.
- Makes referrals to other providers (within NewBridge or in the community) for services outside the scope of practice.
- Provides quarterly written reports pertaining to the client’s progress toward goals and risk reduction.
- Attends and participates in the DCP&P family team meetings.
- Attends, as needed, the monthly DCP&P staff conferences.
- Maintains a clinical schedule that accommodates client appointments during evening and weekend hours, minimally 2 evenings a week and occasional Saturday hours.
- Maintains a high level of service with 65% of scheduled time in face-to-face activities, where 35% of time accounts for supervision, documentation, DCP&P meetings, and missed appointments.
- Document all encounters with clients and other’s relevant to the case in the client file on a daily basis.
- Attends supervisory sessions and team meetings.
- Practices effective communication with families, treatment team members, and the community.
- Represents NewBridge in a professional manner, able to interact comfortably with people from different cultures.
- Other duties as assigned.
For inquiries, please send an email referencing the Position Title with resume and cover letter attached to: Janice Bernard at firstname.lastname@example.org
NewBridge Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, nationality, national origin, ethnic background, ancestry, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity or expression, and affectional or sexual orientation), disability or handicap, or veteran status.