Senior Accountant (Pequannock, NJ)
Position Title: Senior Accountant
Responsible To: Director of Accounting / Chief Financial Officer
- AA in Bookkeeping/Accounting and 5 years of experience. BA/MBA a plus.
- Must have solid knowledge of Debits and Credits, Assets, Liabilities, Equity, Income and Expense
- Highly proficient with General Ledger software (Traverse a major plus), Excel, Word, online banking, payroll processing (Paychex a plus) and general internet and PC use
- Must know Cash and Accrual accounting and basic knowledge of GAAP.
- Must be a problem solver, attentive to details and able to follow directions.
- Able to prioritize and organize workload to meet deadlines on a daily basis.
- Excellent communication ability, both verbally and written in a positive manner.
- Able to work independently and as a team player. Punctuality, organization, and integrity are a must.
- Self-motivated, and able to work under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Think logically and have an aptitude for numbers and enjoy working with numbers.
- Process payrolls, reviewing data for accuracy and inputting in payroll system.
- Process accounts payable, communicate with vendors, and reconcile vendor statements.
- Prepare billings and ensure prompt collection and processing of payments.
- Accurately input accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll into Traverse accounting system.
- Reconcile bank statements; prepare journal entries, recurring journal entries.
- Daily cash management & forecasting future cash flows.
- Review general ledger and prepare financial reports as needed.
- Prepare excel spreadsheets as needed.
- Prepare 1099s, maintain 1099 vendor files and prepare annual forms.
- Prepare monthly financial statements, including P&L and Balance Sheet
- Prepare supporting year-end tax documentation for CPA.
- Other duties as assigned.
For inquiries, please send an email* referencing the Position Title with resume and cover letter attached to: Janice Bernard at email@example.com
NewBridge Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, nationality, national origin, ethnic background, ancestry, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity or expression, and affectional or sexual orientation), disability or handicap, or veteran status.
*Please note, due to security concerns NewBridge is not currently accepting emails originating from a Yahoo.com address*